Disclaimer

The information and recommendations in this blog are not intended as a substitute for individualised medical and/or naturopathic advice.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Chai Goat Milk & the story that goes with it

I am sooooo glad I have found this delicious warming, soothing and satisfying drink : a Warm Goat Milk flavoured with Chai Spices. 

Not a Dairy Free Recipe, but a Real-Dairy Recipe, as it is made with Raw Goat Milk which means it is not pasteurised. You should be able to find it in the fridge of your health store depending on where you live.


I have Crohn's disease and noticed that Warm Raw Goat Milk (not brought to the boil) is very soothing for my inflamed gut.  I am usually lactose intolerant so I gave up conventional milk about 10 years ago, but I tolerate raw goat milk pretty well. It is probably because the components of raw goat milk make it easier to digest. I gave up cow's product a few month ago (even raw) and will certainly reintroduce them at some stage, when my gut is healed and my disease gone into remission, if it turns out that I am not allergic to cow's milk.

For now, let's say that : 
- Raw Goat Milk is known to be easier to digest than Raw Cow's Milk (read this post 
- Raw Milk is in my opinion far superior from a health perspective and much tastier than Pasteurised Milk, however this is up to you to take the risk. If you need some clarification about the health benefits of Raw Milk, Chris Kresser wrote a post about it. 
- Warm Goat Milk seems to be highly valued in Ayurvedic Medicine http://www.mapi.com/ayurveda_health_care/newsletters/ayurveda_&_milk.html




To make my Chai Goat Milk, you need:
- Some Raw Goat Milk ( I buy mine in Sydney Health Food Stores : Nimbin Valley)
- A Mix of Chai Spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger roots, cardamom pods , ground nutmeg ). You can buy it or do your own. 
- Some Fresh Turmeric grated OR ground turmeric powder (In Sydney I highly recommend OVViO spices, from the beautiful shop owned by Anthia Koullourous ) 

Instructions: 
  • Put 1 cup 1/2 of Raw Goat Milk in a saucepan
  • Add 1/2 teaspoon of Chai Spices and a pinch or two of Turmeric Powder (or grated Turmeric, even better)
  • Heat up with a lid, over light heat, for 5 minutes. Do not bring to the boil. 
  • Strain 
  • Enjoy ! You can eat the grated turmeric







No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post ? Please share it ! Any feedback and questions welcome !