Disclaimer

The information and recommendations in this blog are not intended as a substitute for individualised medical and/or naturopathic advice.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Salmon Tartare à la française

As you probably know, for the last 12 months, I have been avoiding grains, dairy and legumes (Paleo diet)  This lifestyle suits me very well, as: 

- It has healed my body from a very rare condition called Scleritis, and it probably slows down another issue I have - I've just discovered the name of it, even if I have been in pain for the last 15 years!  As it is not common, I don't know much about it ( Idiopathic Condylar Resorption in the Temporo Mandibular Joint) I can only share my experience and would be happy to know other people who have it. 

- The other benefit is that eating that way has awaken my passion for cooking. I thrive when I cook! To be honest, on my days off, I spend at least 3 hours cooking and 2 hours shopping or just strolling round the organic shops and greengrocers! 

As I am a very curious person, I  looked for french paleo dieters on the Internet and I realised the Paleo diet is far to be known in France. Over there, they know the "Seignalet" diet , (http://www.seignalet.fr), which is meant to be an ancestral way of eating. It seems to be quite different to the Paleo diet though. One of the features of the Seignalet diet is to eat fish, meat and eggs in a RAW state. 

That's why today, I made an experience. I tried to find a way to eat RAW and PALEO*


*This recipe is grain free, not dairy free as the dressing contains Kefir yogurt, which is a fermented yogurt. Chris Kresser wrote a very good article about it: http://chriskresser.com/kefir-the-not-quite-paleo-superfood


OK, I stop talking. Here we go ! 


Serves 2


Ingredients 


- 1 piece of Wild Salmon (200 grams) 
Why Wild ? Here is an interesting article.


- 2 shallots 



- fresh lemon juice ( you need 1 large lemon) 


- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 4 table spoons


- Organic Dill, half a bunch. Why Organic? Read this

- Celtic Sea Salt (don't put it, if you are on a low sodium diet) 
- Pepper
- Kefir yogurt or Greek yogurt, half a cup
- Dijon mustard 1/2 of a teaspoon (make sure there is no added sugar) 



Instructions

Ideally 12 hours before. 2 hours can work too.
- Peel the skin of the salmon
- Chop it finely
- Leave to marinate in the fridge with salt, pepper, lemon juice from 3/4 of the lemon, olive oil, chopped shallots and shopped dill ( Half of what you've got) 

30 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING
Prepare the dressing. Mix the following ingredients: 
- Kefir
- Mustard
- Salt 
- Pepper
- Lemon juice
- Dill

Put dressing in the fridge. 

I served it with Roasted Veggies ( Carrots, Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes baked for 1 hour with coconut oil, paprika, salt and pepper). A green salad on the side goes really well with this dish. 






Bon Appétit 


Additional Comment, 4th March 2013

Another way to eat your Salmon Tartare: with some Cultured Veggies, Roasted Pumpkin and Kale Chips. Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post ? Please share it ! Any feedback and questions welcome !